PR Crisis Management
“Bage and Elizabeth are very flexible, professional and thorough, with first-hand knowledge of how a newsroom works.”
— Gary Heavin, Founder and CEO, Curves International
Negative News Media:
When Curves International was depicted inaccurately in several regional and national news publications, the director of PR set out to find help from a PR crisis management firm. We were hired to secure editorial coverage to set the record straight, including a cover story in The Boston Globe Magazine. Having recently developed and delivered a crisis plan for another marketing communications firm on behalf of national tanning company, we recommended to Curves that its franchisees have step-by-step instructions and training on dealing with the media, specifically how to answer questions related to issues supported by founder Gary Heavin and his wife.
- Developed new corporate and franchise messaging
- Developed Curves’ Crisis Communications Plan and Curves’ Non-Crisis Communications Plan, which we presented to Curves’ franchisees at its annual convention.
- Tracked, analyzed and corrected erroneous reports on Curves International
- Created and presented a strategic media protocol for Curves International and its 10,000-plus franchisees
- Wrote and distributed corporate press releases and templates that franchisees now use to tell the positive story of Curves International
Other editorial generated by us included:
- The Wall Street Journal
- NBC “Today”
- CBS “Early Show”
- Business 2.0
Our experience with Curves led to our involvement in the franchising industry in 2007.