First National Bank McGregor
Central Texas Marketing : www.fnb-mcgregor.com
For over 120 years, First National Bank McGregor had proudly served the McGregor, Texas area. For several years, FNB McGregor was preparing to create a second full service bank that would meet the needs of one of the fastest developing areas in central Texas – the South Bosque area between Waco and McGregor. In January 2006, construction was well underway on First National Bank McGregor, South Bosque and bank executives needed outside bank marketing firm to handle all aspects of branding.
Develop an integrated marketing plan targeted to Central Texas residents that combines advertising, sponsorships, PR and video:
1.) Update the identity of the bank that looked as old as the bank actually was.
2.) Not only market the new bank location but also promote the flagship location in downtown McGregor.
Components of the marketing plan included:
- Develop a schedule of timelines to complete aspects of the marketing plan before the grand opening of the new South Bosque Branch. This meant develop and approve a new brand identity within a six-month time period.
- New logo, color scheme, slogan, website, billboards, print and online advertising, television commercials, building signage, press releases, community sponsorships and special events all needed to be in place before the grand opening of the new bank location.
- After the grand opening of the bank, multiple offline and online advertising campaigns would promote and grow the brand of First National Bank McGregor, South Bosque.
During the first 18 months of opening the South Bosque location the number of new residential and commercial customer accounts greatly exceeded expectations and total bank assets increased accordingly. Awards resulting from the advertising campaigns include two from the Independent Bankers Association, and awards from the Waco chapter of the American Advertising Federation.
June 2006 – May 2007
This campaign introduced FNB’s new logo, color scheme and a wheat stem representing the huge crops and fields in the area as well as the agricultural profile of many of the banks customers in the downtown location.
November 2006-Dec 2007
This campaign focused on the messages that differentiate the bank from other banks: The fact that at FNB customers deal with decision makers as opposed to having to take, for instance, a loan application up the food chain. Real Close signified that FNB was the only full-service located in the South Bosque area of McLennan County.
Dec 2007 – present
This campaign focuses on The purpose of the new Life Accounts campaign was to make the citizens of central Texas aware of the customized accounts available at the bank that are designed to meet the specific needs of customers in different phases of life.
The Student Life Account is designed for high school and college students ages 18-25
The Active Life Account is designed for young adults and families from ages 26-54
The Prime Life Account is designed for those at retirement age from 55+
The Life Accounts campaign to date has featured:
- A college graduate who needed help with her finances to be able to concentrate on her career
- A central Texas business man who needed help to expand his business
- A family of six who received funding to purchase their first home
- A high school graduate headed to college but need to learn how to balance a checkbook
- A mom with extra time on her hands who with the bank’s help turned her love of baking into a business
- A :60 second compilation of three of the above commercials
- First National Bank McGregor utilized the services of EH Anderson Public Relations in the production of the Life Accounts television campaign.
Companies owned by the customer’s of the bank that were featured in the campaign were also used in the spot. The customers had the opportunity to place their own collateral in the spot in the form of product placement. These individuals and companies included:
- Trent Weaver, Owner of W Promotions
- Andrew Owen, Owner of Belle Window Cleaning
- Amanda Stewart, Owner of Cookies by Design
- Kenneth Love, University of Houston
- Amanda Farmer, Baylor University
Each campaign included billboards, television commercials, print ads in The Waco Tribune Herald, McGregor Mirror, Wacoan and Waco Today magazines and charity sponsorship print ads and banners as well as website promotion.