Full-time in Waco, Texas
If marketing is your passion, then this is the place to be. Here you will serve a range of clients in different industries across the United States and have an opportunity to grow professionally. Today in Waco, the demand for marketing is greater than ever. Not only will working with our local clients keep you in the know about Waco, it also offers an opportunity to be part of our growing agency. We work hard, and we take time off to recharge our batteries. After six months, you’ve earned a week of a paid time-off combined with nine paid holidays off work including your birthday.
Since 2002, we’ve been telling our clients’ stories through media relations, videos, social media, and many other marketing venues. Our mission is to deliver the highest level of performance and integrity to our clients every day, and we look to hire marketing pros with similar conviction. We are currently seeking a full-time marketing communications copywriter to:
- Develop and source original content for client and agency blogs, customer case studies, and media-worthy press releases. This includes researching, analyzing and understanding industry trends as it relates to current affairs and the news of the day ensuring it furthers our clients’ business goals and/or marketing messages.
- Write creative and engaging marketing copy for client, in-house and new business needs including advertising, website, video scripts, email newsletters, social media descriptions and posts, response to proposals, advertising copy, and other copy as necessary.
- Publish content to client and agency WordPress websites and social media sites.
- Edit content created by others on the client team, ensuring that copy adheres to client tone or AP Style.
- Be the lead copy and proof-editor for the agency.
Our Ideal Candidate Is
- Able to quickly identify the compelling components in content, and succinctly frame those components within client brand tone.
- Curious, inquisitive, and bright — digging beyond the surface of projects and stories.
- An exceptional writer with outstanding editing skills.
- Laser-focused on client goals.
- An exceptional listener who is comfortable with silence or pregnant pauses in conversation.
- Mature regarding appropriate times to offer your opinions, recommendations and when to listen.
- A natural networker. In-person, online, and/or by phone, you are able to discover and source new content opportunities in many different venues.
- Strong in time management and can work in a “by the hour” framework including logging your client time.
- Strong in organizational skills, with attention to detail including follow-up, and the ability to juggle multiple projects and goals.
- Comfortable working in a growing agency setting.
- Comfortable meeting and presenting to clients.
Icing on the Cake
- Journalism degree.
- Newsroom experience.
- Public relations experience.
- Graphic design experience; proficiency with Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and other software programs.
- Experience and/or interest in working on multiple client accounts.
- Video shooting and editing experience.
Interested? Complete an employment application, and send it along with a cover letter, resume, and link to your digital portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates will then be sent the full job description for the Marketing Communications Copywriter position.